Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ALUM-SYL Home

ALUM-SYL  May 2013, Week 2

ALUM-SYL May 2013, Week 2

Security Consultant – Dulles, Virginia @ Cigital

Jennifer St Laurence <[log in to unmask]>

Jennifer St Laurence <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 May 2013 12:52:26 +0000

text/plain

The link to the Security Consultant position is http://www.cigital.com/careers/jobs/?job=Security-Consultant---Dulles. The job details are below.
Security Consultant – Dulles

Position Location:         Dulles, Virginia
Position Type:                 Full-time
Reports to:                      Managing Consultant

Cigital is looking for a full-time or contract Security Consultant based at headquarters in Dulles, Virginia – to parachute in wherever software insecurity invades, and to stomp out bugs and flaws wherever they hide.

About Cigital:

Cigital, Inc. is the leading software security and quality consulting firm. Established in 1992, Cigital plans and implements initiatives to help ensure customers have secure, reliable applications.  We improve how they build and deploy software, and we have fun doing it.
The daily news gives you a taste of what companies face, but if you’re in our field you get to see how serious these problems really are.  Whether they’re banks, TV networks, or game designers – when businesses get serious about software security, they call Cigital.

General Responsibilities:

Cigital consultants run penetration tests, execute code reviews, construct threat models, and give valuable remediation advice to our customers.  Consultants do some work from our headquarters, but often go on site to help customers exterminate the bugs and untangle the flaws that make their systems insecure.  Our consultants make themselves and their team indispensable advisors to our customers: they build the relationships that help create and identify follow-on assignments.

Requirements:

You’ve professionally done:

•    1-3 years of Source Code Analysis and Software Penetration Testing
(If you’ve only done one of those, you should be able to learn the other.  Fast.)
•    a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. MS preferred.
•    Some work with C/C++, ASP.NET, Java, J2EE, multiple RDBMS
•    Some Consulting (highly desired)

You know something about and have played with:

•    Other languages (e.g. JavaScript, Python, Ruby, PHP, Perl, COBOL, SQL, or Assembly)
•    Multiple OS’s – Linux, Mac OSX, iOS, Blackberry, Android, or Windows
•    Architecture, Network, and Database Security Analysis
•    Secure Software Design and Architecture
•    Application Reverse Engineering

Expectations:

•    Solid Technical skills

o    You’re familiar with software security weakness, vulnerability and secure code review.
o    You’re familiar with software attack and exploitation techniques.

•    Consulting Skills

o    You can interface with clients; you have a talent for consulting and negotiating.
o    You can undertake and complete tasks independently, meet timelines, and move swiftly from concepts and theory to demonstrable action.

•    Management Skills

o    People: You can lead a team, give direction and ensure tasks are executed consistently.
o    Projects: You can demonstrate the ability to plan, execute and closeout  projects.

•    Communication

o    Written: You can draft formal documentation: Statements of Work, White Papers, Proposals, Deliverable Reports, etc.
o    Verbal: You have the ability to clearly articulate thoughts, be persuasive and, deliver presentation and training to any level of management.

•    Demeanor

o    You are enthusiastic and committed to your work.  You do this because you love it.
o    You’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and want to help grow this business.

Compensation & Work Location:

Cigital is based in Dulles, Virginia, with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, and clients worldwide.  We offer a competitive salary, equity compensation, and benefits.