UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2013, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Gail McPeek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gail McPeek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2013 20:25:55 -0400
Our Saturday morning group tallied 32 bird species on the beautifully landscaped grounds of the cemetery, and the adjoining mature pine/hemlock forest of the South Esker in Hanover.  We found some species to be quite vocal and others not singing at all.  Highlights were two Palm Warblers, several Black-and-White Warblers, a FOY Blackburnian Warbler, plus Black-throated Greens, Yellow-rumps, and Pine warblers.  A full list is below.

Canada Goose (heard on adjacent Mink Brook)
Mallard (heard on adjacent Mink Brook)
Double-crested Cormorant (fly over)
Belted Kingfisher
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker