CABIN-TRAIL Archives

May 2013, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2013 18:53:57 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.

***Note: this weekend is spring weekend! For any trip marked as a spring weekend trip, sign-ups will take place on the Robo lawn between 12pm-3pm on Thursday. You can still blitz the leaders to get more info, but you can only officially sign up on Thursday***

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

The Feed!
Come to the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml) this Wednesday at 7pm for the feed! Menu and chef are yet to be determined, but it'll probably be delicious
When: 7pm
Where: The Rock

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Holt's Ledge Trailwork!
When (and where): Friday afternoon, leaving from behind Robo shortly after twos finish, getting back around suppertime
Leaders: Anna Knowles and Max Deibel
Why: There are some blowdowns on the trail up to Holt's Ledge that need to be addressed (and also stamped, sealed, and posted off into the woods). In other words, there are some fallen trees that we're going to be clearing with hand tools. Give your brain a rest and exercise your body - come and be burly! There's also a chance to see a nice sunset if the weather cooperates and we feel so inclined.
        P.S: Heelers, trailwork is a requirement to ascend!
Cost: Free! (and we'll be bringing snacks!)
Blitz Anna to sign up ("chefanna" should work)

What: Mt. Cardigan Sunsike
When: 6:30-9:30
Leaders: Jon King, Shea Flanagan
Come enjoy a pleasant 2 mile hike to the summit of Mt. Cardigan. From the bald summit, we'll enjoy panoramic views and a glorious New Hampshire sunset! Back in time for Friday night shenanigans...
Cost: $1 DOC, $3 non-DOC
Blitz: Jon King for info/sign-ups

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Trailwork on Moosilauke! (Spring Weekend trip)
When: 7:30 AM to after Lodge dinner
Leaders: Becca Novello & Katie Yu
We'll be hiking up the Gorge Brook trail and doing trailwork along the way. At the end of the day, we'll return to the Lodge for a great dinner. A great opportunity to help maintain our trails!
Cost: (probably) FREE
This is part of DOC Spring Weekend. To sign up, go to Robo Lawn on Thursday afternoon - a table will be set up.
Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more info

What: The Hunger Games! (Mt. Hunger Hike w/ stops at Ben & Jerry's Factory, Cabot Annex, and Cold Hollow Cider Mill!)
Leaders: Paige Wilson and Steve Tebbe
When: 8:00am, back before 7pm
Why: Hiking + Food + Friends = a great adventure!
We'll start the day off with a 4 mile moderate hike up Mt. Hunger, eat some lunch, then have a ball in the afternoon! With Ben & Jerry's, Cabot, and the Cider Mill within 3 miles of each other, we'll be able to go to all three and even get a couple factory tours. Should be a great way to explore the area, rain or shine!
Cost: $4 (does not include $4 tour at Ben & Jerry's) for DOC members, $10 for non-DOC
Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you want to sign up!

What: Franconia Ridge (Spring Weekend trip)
When: 7am to Lodge Dinner
Leaders: Hannah McGehee and Julia Hudnut-Beumler
Why: Get outside and enjoy Spring Weekend!
We will be leaving campus at 7am to ensure plenty of time to hike, enjoy the views, and make it back in time for dinner at the Lodge. Rides will be returning to campus Saturday night and Sunday morning.
Cost: $10
Blitz: Hannah McGehee with questions
Sign up: Robo lawn on Thursday afternoon

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.  Fees for trips as a DOC member are much less, and sometimes free.