MACSCRPT Archives

April 2013

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 15:32:43 +0000
I have a script I've been using for years that reads through a series of Filemaker records, pulling some fields from each one into an Applescript record, and at the end outputting what amounts to a table of contents.mRunning under Mountain Lion, it hangs in the middle of the second or third FM record. No error message; just hangs.  Ran it on the one Snow Leopard machine we still have and it worked fine.

The exact spot at which it hangs varies, so I'm suspecting it runs out of memory (some of the fields have a lot in them). Am I recalling correctly that someone said ML Applescript was having memory problems?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

Choose File is wonky. First run I get an empty Finder window. Hit Cancel and run the script again and the list of files comes up properly. I can also get it to work on the first run by switching directories and coming back. Anybody else seeing this?

Bill Steele