MACSCRPT Archives

March 2013

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:02:52 +0000
On Mar 28, 2013, at 4:05 AM, Christopher Stone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 7 » 2.66 GHz
> Ram: 4 GB
>
>> The dialog that does up to select a server says "Always use this server" but ayer selecting it the next message will still claim it doesn't know what server to use. Make new message works fine
>
> You want to send me your exact script?  I can try it here and see if I have the same problem.

Slightly simple;ivied version:

set rText to "Here's the message"
tell application "Mail"
	set theSelection to selection
	set theMessage to item 1 of theSelection
	set sendItOn to redirect theMessage with opening window
	tell sendItOn
			make new to recipient at beginning of to recipients ¬
				with properties {address:"[log in to unmask]"}
			set content to rText -- somehow this works without losing the original content
			send
	end tell
end tell

And now for something completely different.

Up comes the message with the dialog asking me to pick an outgoing server. I do that and it sends. And then it instantly creates a new message, identical except that it has no to recipient. I have to click "Edit message" and close it without saving.

None of this is saving me time like scripts are supposed to do...

Bill Steele