CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2013, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:22:47 +0000
Welcome to CnT! Its DOC Winter Weekend so it is a great time to go on a trip.

To sign up for a DOC Winter Weekend trip, head to Robo between 12 and 2 on Thursday. To sign up for a normal CnT trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay. Financial aid is available upon request so just let us know.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
The Feed!
When: 7pm Wednesday
What: Come eat a delicious home-cooked meal at the Rock!
Cost: $4 (Want to eat for free? Blitz Graham Findlay and tell him you want to do the dishes!)
Directions to the Rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
What: 2nd Annual John Rand XC Skiing Trip celebrating the month of MarcH.
What 2.0: this is a Winter Weekend Trip
When: Friday 6 pm to Saturday 6 pm
Leaders: Georgi Klissurski, Peter Governali (blitz him for more info)
Why: because skiing at the Al Merrill loop near Moosilauke is something you need to do before you graduate from Dartmouth! and because John Rand is an awesome cabin! and because you love celebrating the month of March in the Bulgarian tradition! and also because it's Winter Weekend and you wanna enjoy the last few weeks of winter!
Cost: $10 for DOC members, $14 for non-members
Signing up: Thursday 12 to 2 pm in Robinson Hall! Also write down your shoe size (we need it for the ski boots)

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
What: Mount Cube hike
When: 10 am - 5 pm
Leader(s): Paige Wilson and Becca Novello
Hike Mount Cube with us!  It's one of the DOC classics, a moderate hike at about 6.6 miles.  We'll be hiking up from the south along the AT, and we'll have great views of the surrounding area from the bare summit.  We'll be eating lunch and snacks on the trail and generally having a grand old time!
Cost: $5 DOC-members, $7 non-members
To sign up: **WINTER WEEKEND TRIP** sign up at Robinson Hall on Thursday between 12 and 2!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
What: Guided Nature Hike
When: 9 - 5 on Sunday
Leaders: Benji Kessler and Tommy Das
Come learn about nature! Alcott Smith, a local naturalist (who knows nearly everything about the woods, it seems) will be guiding a hike to teach us things. We might do animal tracking, learn about plants, learn how to read the landscape. There may be snowshoeing involved depending on weather. The trip will be a bushwack.
Cost: Free! (thanks CnT!)
Blitz: Benji Kessler to sign up

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
What: Moosilauke Snowshoeing and Orienteering
When: 9am-6pm
Leader(s): Zach Martinez, Will Hickman
Why: Orienteering is a heeler requirement, snowshoeing is fun, and there's a chance of seeing an old plane.
We'll be hiking part of the Ridge Trail then adventuring off into the wilderness in search of a crashed B-18.  In the process, we'll do some snowshoeing and practice orienteering!
Cost: $7 DOC members, $12 non-members
Blitz: Will Hickman to sign up or ask questions!

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.  Fees for trips as a DOC member are much less, and sometimes free.