CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2013, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:58:04 +0000
Got cabin fever?

We heard the best way to get rid of it is by spending the weekend in a cabin or doing trailwork, so we're running those trips (and a few others!) this week.

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available upon request.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
The Feed!
When: 7pm Wednesday
What: Come eat a delicious home-cooked meal at the Rock! We'll be having a pasta dish direct from a recent expedition to Patagonia. Pasta with white sauce for those who like white sauce and red sauce for those who don't like white sauce.
Cost: $4 (Want to eat for free? Blitz Ben Bauer and tell him you want to do the dishes!)
Directions to the Rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
Capture The Flag (On Skis!)
When/Where:  Friday at 3:30pm at the golf course.
What: There's snow on the ground!  And it has frozen into a skating rink! THAT means this week's edition of CTF(OS!) will be particularly exciting. Come join us as we chase each other around on skis this Friday.  Beginning skiers and experts are welcomed:  it's a blast for everyone.
Cost:  Free!
Blitz:  [log in to unmask] if you need skis (rentals are free) - please include your shoe size.

FRIDAY-SATURDAY-SUNDAY
Winter Grant Weekend
When: Friday Afternoon-Sunday Evening
What: Never been to the 2nd College Grant before? This is your chance! We'll be leaving Hanover Friday afternoon to head up to Dartmouth's own piece of the New Hampshire backwoods. With over 27,000 acres to explore, we'll spend all day Saturday as well as Sunday morning dogsledding, snowshoeing, and cross country skiing. We'll stay in the DOC's cabins and eat scrumptious meals while gathered around the fire. This is a weekend you do not want to miss!
Cost: $25 DOC/$50 non-DOC (more than buying a 1 year membership--so just do that!)
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with questions or your DA$H to sign-up

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
Trailwork! (where tbd- potentially Moosilauke, potentially Velvet Rocks)
When: 8AM-3PM
Leaders: David Rice and Hunter van Adelsberg
Why: To get some work done!
Come out on Saturday to put in some time clearing and cleaning. A great chance to still get outside if you can't go on Winter Grant Weekend, and a leader requirement to boot!
Cost: Free!
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with questions or to sign up!

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.  Fees for trips as a DOC member are much less, and sometimes free.