CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2013, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:37:33 +0000
Welcome to CnT! To sign up for any trip, blitz the contact person of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available upon request so just let us know.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Valentine's Day Feed (featuring your best friend Chili)
7pm at the Rock
This week is Valentine's Day so come spend a romantic night with Chili. Chili will always be there for you and is always ready to snuggle…
So in other words, we'll be cooking Steve's famous vegetarian chili and it will be a magical evening. There will also be bread bowls and a dessert for two! So come have a great dinner this Wednesday!
Cost: $4 (the snuggling is free).
Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you're coming and haven't already signed up! And if you want to eat for free, blitz Steve about doing the dishes!!
Directions to the Rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Orienteering Overnight at Billings Lodge
When: 4 PM Friday to 1 PM Saturday
Leaders: Mac Murphy and Hunter van Adelsberg
Why: Because cabins are cozy and orienteering is useful!
We'll leave Friday afternoon, drive the ~2 hours out to Billings, settle in, make some food, maybe play some games and then hit the hay early. On Saturday morning Mac will teach a hands-on orienteering course, which will take a few hours. For all you aspiring wilderness leaders out there, this will fulfill your orienteering requirement (woohoo!).
Cost: $4 for DOC members, $7 for non-members.
Blitz: Hunter van Adelsberg to sign up or get more info.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Sledding on Mt. Moosilauke!
When: 9am-4pm Saturday
Why: Because mountain sledding is actually the most fun thing you can do in the winter.
After a few weekends of disappointingly cold or warm temperatures, this weekend is looking pretty perfect for sledding conditions. We'll be hiking up part of Mt. Moosilauke and sledding back down the Carriage Road, which is the best sledding I've ever encountered. The trip is a moderate 4-5 miles of hiking round trip, plus 1-2 miles of moderate sledding with fast straightaways, exciting turns, and even a couple natural jumps.
Cost: $5 DOC members, $9 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with your 9-digit DASH number with questions or to sign-up!

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.  Fees for trips as a DOC member are much less, and sometimes free.