CABIN-TRAIL Archives

January 2013, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:56:21 +0000
Welcome to CnT!

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available upon request so just let us know.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
The Feed!
When: 7pm Wednesday
What: Come eat a (probably) delicious home-cooked meal at the Rock! Menu is yet to be determined, but we've got Chef Anna on the cooking team, so you know it's going to be good.
Cost: $4
Directions to the Rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

FRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAY

Capture the flag.  Skis. Could anything be better?  No, it couldn't, so:

Join us this Friday at 3 on the golf course for the first weekly Capture the Flag on Skis game!
Blitz [log in to unmask] if you need skis (provided) or want a reminder later this week.  Otherwise, just show up!  Afterall, as General Patton said:

"Capture the flag is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge.  It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base.  All men are afraid in capture the flag.  The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his skis.  Skiing is the essence on manhood."
(jk, we aren't insane or chauvinist.  just stop by!)

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: The Baum Diggity: Baum Cabin Overnight and XC Ski
When: 5pm Saturday - 2pm Sunday
Why: Imagine yourself relaxing at the beautiful Baum, plenty of time to cook a spectacular dinner, play some board games, do a little reading, and then enjoy the stars.  Now imagine yourself waking up to a steaming mug of hot cocoa, pressing your nose up against the frosty window, and looking out at the winter wonderland you're about to explore.  Now imagine yourself realizing that you're drooling, and immediately walking outside to strap on your skis, and glide into the woods on untouched powder.
The terrain is challenging so previous experience on cross-country skis is important.
Cost: $12 for DOC members
Blitz: Ian Herrick to sign up

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Mount Washington Sledding Overnight
When: 1pm-Sunday at noon
Why: Because sledding and a night in the wilderness is awesome!
Come sledding on the Sherburne Ski trail! On Saturday, we'll hike a few miles up to the Hermit Lake and stay overnight in a shelter. We'll sled down 4 miles in the morning. Speed, fun, and wipeouts are guaranteed.
Cost: $14.
Blitz: Jeremy Brouillet to sign up or to get more info!

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.  Fees for trips as a DOC member are much less, and sometimes free.