CABIN-TRAIL Archives

January 2013, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 02:02:48 +0000
Welcome to CnT!

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available upon request so just let us know.

FRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAY

Trip to the moon!

Come explore the beautiful fifth largest satellite in the Solar System this weekend!  There'll be craters, dark sides, lunar planes, and potentially large amounts of cheese.  (Note for the lactose free: this may pose a risk, but it's widely theorized that the majority of the moon consists of aged and thus lactose-free cheese.)  Believe us, this trip is well worth the shuttle ride.

We'll be leaving campus around 5pm on Friday.  The cost is $15 for DOC members and $2.5 million for non members.  All gear is provided, so no need to go buy a space suit.

To sign up blitz benjik or almp with you DA$H.
(Note: this trip is weather dependent, but if we have to cancel it, you'll get refunded.)

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Armington Overnight and Al Merrill XC Ski
When: 7pm Friday - 4pm Saturday
Why: Because you want a chocolatey, cuddly, boardgamey, stargazey extravaganza with Ian and Gerben, before you even put on your fun-country skis.  We will spend a wonderful night at Armington cabin, greet the morning with brief show of love and dedication to our shelter, (pulling a dock out of the water) and then proceed to enjoy every scoot, slide, and slip of the way around the Al Merrill loop on Moosilauke.  The terrain is moderate so previous experience on cross-country skis is important.
Cost: $15 for DOC members
Blitz: Ian Herrick to sign up

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Mystery-flavor Moosilauke Hike
Come do some awesome winter hiking up Mt. Moosilauke with a special mystery twist!  We'll be leaving early (perhaps around 7 or 8 am) and getting back to campus by 8 pm, eating lunch and dinner on the trail.  This will be a moderate/strenuous 7-10 mile hike, so some winter hiking experience is recommended.  It'll be a blast!

Cost: $10 for DOC-members, $15 for non-members

Blitz Rebecca Novello with your da$h to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Da Baum Cabin Overnight and X-C ski trip

Want to get your snuggleski on? Then come on this cabin overnight / x-c ski trip, on which you will become a certified snuggleskier -- Julia will teach the ways of this rare and dangerous sport!  On Saturday afternoon we'll ski on the multitude of trails around and over the top of the glorious mountain of Moose. Then we'll settle into da Baum Cabin on the side of Moose mountain to warm up, fill up, and play it up (games that is). Sunday morning we'll eat a hearty breakfast and do a shorter ski outing. In the event of little snow, we will hike!

Logistics: We’ll take care of dinner (Saturday) and breakfast (Sunday), and there will be copious amounts of snacks. Leaving campus at 12 pm on Saturday, and getting back by 12pm on Sunday. Equipment is covered, and we'll get you all suited up. This is an intermediate ski trip - so if you have skied a handful of times, and if you can deploy the pizza-pie to slow your speed on downhills, then you qualify :)

Cost: $15 for DOC members, $18 for non-members

 To sign up, or ask questions, blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>! It's gonna be da BAUM! So sign up!

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY

What: Holt's Ledge Hike
When: 7:30am-12 pm
Why: Because hiking in the winter is awesome and you're looking for an outdoors adventure on your long weekend!
Cost: $5 DOC Members and $8 Non DOC Members (includes gear, lunch, and snacks!)
Blitz: Hannah McGehee to sign up

If you're not a DOC member, BECOME a DOC member.  $20 for an annual membership (memberships run from July 1 - June 30) or $50 for a student career membership (which expires June 30 of the year you graduate).  Contact Julie Bell to sign up.  Fees for trips as a DOC member are much less, and sometimes free.