FMPRO-L Archives

January 2013, Week 2

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Corn Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:17:20 -0500
SugarSync is similar to DropBox. Using SugarSync for multiple-user access WILL cause versioning problems. I used it once with just one other person, simply to give him access to in-progress copies, with explicit communication about how to avoid version conflicts, and we still had problems. I switched to making archives of the files to share with him, and haven't had a problem since, but in your case your users want to both access the live files. You have to be perfect for it to work, and the chances of two people being simultaneously perfect about it is nil.

Cheers,
-corn

On 14 Jan 2013, at 5:23 PM, Emma Glaisher wrote:

> Well I was there 3 hours! They liked it, but you're right, all sorts of other requirements came out as we talked. The worst is they (2) are working on the database from different locations and are using SugarSync. I said I didn't think that would work, but I gather they won't be working on it at the same time so fingers crossed. Anyone know if this will work? Will do some tests when I can actually get it to do anything.

Cornelius Walker
The Proof Group
http://proofgroup.com/