UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2012, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:47:50 -0500
Reiterating George Clark's earlier announcement, for anyone willing to
rise and shine early enough, I'll be leading a bird walk in Norwich
village at the leisurely hour of 9 am on January 1.  This will be part
of the annual Hanover-Norwich Christmas Bird Count, so we'll keep
careful track of all individuals of every species we encounter.  We'll
meet at Dan & Whit's General Store and proceed on foot up Hopson Road to
Hillside Cemetery, then to Pine Tree Road and back to Hopson, from which
we'll loop back to Dan & Whit's. The pace will be relaxed, and the walk
should take no longer than 90 minutes.  Anyone is welcome, regardless of
birding experience. Bring binoculars if you have them, and please dress
warmly with winter footwear.

I hope to see some of you there.

Chris

P.S.  I had a Barred Owl perched above my feeders yesterday for over an
hour.

--
Chris Rimmer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies