MACSCRPT Archives

November 2012

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:41:17 +0000
I have an applescript that I put into Adobe Illustrator CS4's scripts folder.  Somehow it is being corrupted.

The script is fine for hours, days, dozens of runs or sometimes it fails immediately.

When Illustrator runs it, Illustrator pops up an empty dialog with nothing but an ok button.

When I open it in ScriptEditor I get "The document “Send DOT Maps(bad).scpt” could not be opened."

osadecompile is almost helpful with:

osadecompile: /Users/lively/Desktop/Send DOT Maps(bad).scpt: Can't connect to scripting system with that ID

Googling that led me to articles in this list before I joined it but the references were just listing Apple Error codes.

Any ideas?

-Mark
Who just realized just how long he has been doing Applescript.