CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2012, Week 5

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:32:54 +0000
**Come on a cabin and trail trip this week! Blitz back the contact person for each trip to sign up or to receive more information. We want as many people to go on trips as possible so if the cost of a trip may prevent you from going on it then let us know and we can figure something out.**

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Come to the feed tonight! Cooked by the wonderful Mac Simpson. It is at the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml). 16s eat free! $4 for everyone else unless you'd like to clean.

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY
Come hike the lovely Mt. Cardigan! It will be an easy hike (~3 miles round trip), but has amazing views with a gorgeous bald summit!
Cost: $2 for DOC members, $5 non-members
Leaving behind Robo at 1 pm, back around 5 pm.
To sign up, blitz Abigail Leibowitz!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY
Velvet Rocks Overnight!
Come to an awesome overnight in Velvet Rocks Shelter, just a couple mile hike from campus!!!! We are going to hang out, build a fire, make some  smores, do some night hiking and sleep outside. Come for part, come for all!
We will leave from behind Robo at 5:30, and be back before class Friday morning.
Cost: TBD (no more than $6)
To sign up, or ask questions, blitz Adam Schneider

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAYYY
Heeler Overnight to Hinman Cabin!
Where: Hinman Cabin, by the Skiway and on Reservoir Pond
When: Leaving campus 6:45pm on Friday, getting back by 10am on Saturday
Why: To have a great time. We'll have games galore in our cozy cabin. AND dinner and breakfast will be provided. There's no better way to end the term!
Cost: Only $1 for errrryone since it's a heeler overnight!
To sign up, blitz Shea Flanagan your DASH number by 9am on Thursday.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
Multi College Outing Club Extravaganza!
Come spend the weekend with students from the outing clubs of Harvard,
UVM, Vassar, and Yale! We'll be spending Friday and Saturday nights in
the lovely Harvard Outing Club cabin just 5 miles from the base of Mt.
Washington, with day hikes somewhere in the Presidential Range on
Saturday. There will be wonderful food, great company, guitars and
giant jenga! Difficulty is whatever you want it to be, as we could go
do an intense hike on Saturday, just hang out at the cabin, or do
something in between. Leaving Friday night at 7, getting back Sunday
by 1.
Cost: $20 for DOC members (including all your meals on Saturday and a
Sunday breakfast!), $35 for non-DOC
Blitz Amanda Wheelock (hugs) with your 9-digit DA$H number and any
dietary restrictions to sign up - there are limited spots, so blitz me
quick!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
Lodge Closing Weekend
When: Meet behind Robo at 8:30 am (I know it's early, but you can sleep on the bus!). Back around 11:00 pm.
Description: Come help the fall Lodge Crew prepare the Lodge for the winter. We'll drive up in the morning, help out cleaning bunkhouses, chopping firewood, etc., and once we're finished we'll eat a delicious Thanksgiving-style feast. This is your last chance to go to the Lodge before next May, so take advantage of it!
Cost: free, includes lunch and dinner at the lodge.
Blitz: Jesse Rieb WITH YOUR DIETARY RESTRICTIONS if you want to come.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Cabin Work at Harris!
Come to Harris Cabin to help build railings! Heelers, this is a great way to get your trailwork/cabinwork requirement out of the way. Regardless of if you're a heeler, this is an awesome way to be a part of DOC history and change the way that Harris looks forever (or until this wood rots and a new group of DOC kids has to come build newer railings...)! Also, I hear we get to use a ratchet. And it's free! We'll leave campus at 9 AM and be back by 3 PM. blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up or ask questions.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Mt. Eisenhower Hike
What: Mt. Eisenhower is a 4,800 foot tall summit that is part of the Presidential Range.  This trip will make the 6 mile round trip hike to the bald summit of this mountain.  Get outside on this slightly strenuous trip before final exams start to take over your life!! Lunch will be provided, and weather permitting, we will have some awesome views.
When: Sunday, 9am-6pm
Cost: $7 DOC, $10 non-DOC
blitz: Ben Bauer to sign up or ask any questions