CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2012, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 16:21:34 +0000
**Come on a cabin and trail trip this week! Blitz back the contact person for each trip to sign up or to receive more information. We want as many people to go on trips as possible so if the cost of a trip may prevent you from going on it then let us know and we can figure something out.**

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
The "No Vegetarians Allowed Feed"
Come eat delicious butternut squash risotto, green beans and pumpkin ice cream.  No vegetarians allowed because risotto is made with chicken broth and I'm telling you now so it won't come as a surprise later.  Unless of course I can get a helper who is willing to oversee a vegetarian substitute version!  If you sign up to cook or do dishes the meal is free.  Also, if you agree to do dishes, help cook, or have cooked a feed this term you will get an extra special dessert, baked with love by yours truly.  And I take baking seriously.
Wednesday at 7pm.  Cost = $4, free if you help cook or dish.  And 16s do NOT have to pay because damnit ice cream is expensive.
Blitz Sam Reckford to help cook, dish, or send an angry letter defending vegetariansim

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY
Come spend a night in Great Bear Cabin at the foot of Mount Moosilauke! Food, friends, and merriment in one of the DOC's lovely cabins.
Difficulty level: Easiest
Cost: $1
Leaving from behind Robo at 9pm on Thursday night, back before 10's on Friday morning.
Blitz Kaila Pedersen with your 9-digit DASH number by noon on Wednesday to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
Sunset Hike to Gile Mountain
Enjoy the fantastic fall foliage in it's full glory, as you watch the sun set from the fire tower at Gile Mountain! The hike is a meagre 0.7 miles each way, and we'll have snacks for you!
We'll leave at 5 pm, and be back by 7:30 at the latest.
Cost: $2 for DOC members, and $4 for non-members
Blitz Rochele Brown with your DA$H number to sign up (or if you have questions) - there are only 6 spots in our minivan, so hurry!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Once upon a time, Jesse Rieb decided to go to Mt. Sunapee…that time is this Sunday. It shall be glorious and you can come too! We will be doing a 6 mile hike to the summit and back with lunch on top. Leaving Sunday at 10am and back on campus before 5pm. 5 dollars for DOC members, 7 dollars for non-members. Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you want to sign up or have any questions.