UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"jack.mclachlan14" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jack.mclachlan14
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:01:56 -0400
Lila and I took a drive up to Haverhill, NH to check out Bedell Bridge
SP, hoping to catch even a smidgen of George Clark's 29th Sept list,
but we probably had to get up much earlier (as we got there around
1pm).

We did see:
A group of Northern Flickers (about 8 in total)
White-crowned Sparrows
White-throated Sparrows
A Northern Cardinal
A (probable) Hen Harrier
A Great Blue Heron
American Crows
American Robins

When we saw the cleared fields we hoped to see some Pipits but were out of luck.

Back in Etna it was warm enough for 5 or 6 Turkey Vultures to catch
some thermals at 3.30pm

Jack