CABIN-TRAIL Archives

September 2012, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2012 01:43:38 +0000
**Come on a cabin and trail trip this week! Blitz back the contact person for each trip to sign up or to receive more information. We want as many people to go on a trip as possible so if the cost of a trip may prevent you from going on it then let us know and we can figure something out.**

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
The Feed! @ 7pm
Come to the Rock ( http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml ) this Wednesday at 7pm to eat some delicious home cooked chili. Brought back by popular demand, chef Steve Tebbe will make his vegetarian chili, but nowwith bread bowls and the ever-appropriate sautéed cinnamon apples. A perfect way to fight the bitter cold! The meal is merely $4 for upperclassmen, but FREE for '16s, so come eat some great food with even better company! And if you are an upperclassmen, first person to blitz back on doing the dishes eats free!
**Come to the Rock at 7pm OR meet behind Robo at 6:45pm to take a cool shortcut over**
Any questions blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

A Stellar Dinertoure!

You might know Stella's for it's location near the skiway, it's delicious italian food, and its friendly service. You're thinking of a different Stella's. At Stella's in Hartlands, VT, the Italianest thing you can get is a frittata. Once you get over the confusion, however, it will be well worth it. Their eggs will blow your mind. Before Vermont was part of the U.S., it was illegal to eat eggs. One day, however, the Vermonter emperor (who didn't even know what an egg would like) tried one by accident at Stella's (not the one in Lyme). Upon tasting it and finding out it was indeed an egg, he proceeded to execute everyone who enacted the anti-egg laws, and all was well again

We'll be leaving behind Robo at 6:15 on Thursday, and get back by 9Ls. Blitz dinersaur, dinerbro, or dinermatrix to sign up. The ride is free, bring small bills.

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY
Holt's Ledge Sunrike!
Start your morning off right by watching the sunrise from the top of Holt's Ledge. A two mile hike to the top, this cliff is part of the Dartmouth Skiway and provides spectacular so views close to home! Morning person or night owl, you don't want to miss this amazing sunrise!
Leaving campus at 5:00, back for 9s x-hours.
Cost: $2
If you want to sign up or just want more information, blitz Abigail Leibowitz!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
Nightmare New England
Can't wait for Halloween?  Looking for a good scare?  You should come to Nightmare New England!  Listed as one of America's Best Haunts, this terrifying trip will test our mettle as we attempt to conquer all six attractions.  These include such awesome scares as a graveyard deep in the woods and a completely pitch black house that terrifies with disembodied sounds and smells.
Think you're tough enough to conquer your fears?  Come join us this Saturday, leaving from behind Robo at 5pm and getting back late the same night.
Cost will be $20 for everyone to cover the cost of tickets and some snacks
To sign up, or ask questions, blitz Mac Murphy.
This night of nights will be unforgettable!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Hike the Kinsmans and Cannon!
Come on a hike in the Whites this weekend - we're hitting 3 of the 4000 footers on this trip! We'll be leaving early in the morning on Sunday and hiking up to a ridge where we should have fantastic views (including some foliage change!) for several miles before heading back down. This hike will be 13 miles and strenuous, so be prepared for a tough day of hiking - some prior experience is recommended.
When: Leaving from behind Robo at 8am, back on campus by ~9pm
Cost: $7 DOC, $11 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with your DASH number by Thursday night to sign up or with any questions!