CABIN-TRAIL Archives

September 2012, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2012 02:45:50 +0000
WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
The Planning Feed at 7pm at the Rock
We will eat lovely Krystyna-cooked food at the Rock (16 Sargent St.
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml). Meet behind Robo at 6:45 to
walk over in a large group all together and use a shortcut. After the
eating, we will talk about trips we want to see this term and elect the
leaders to the various chair positions. It is an important feed so everyone
should come!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
First Dinertoure of the Year!
Breakfast is so important. You'll all have many memorable experiences at
Dartmouth; some happy, some sad. But no matter what your Dartmouth
experience shapes up to be, nothing will be more formative or lifechanging
than Dinertoure. We wil be going to The 4 Aces Diner in west leb, famous
for its hash benedict and huge stacks of pancakes. You'll be back before
9Ls, but you'll be changed forever.
To RSVP blitz dinerbro, dinersaur, or dinermatrix with the subject line
Dinertoure. The ride is free, bring small bills.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
Mt. Cardigan Hike!
When: 3:30-7pm
What: Come hike the lovely Mt. Cardigan. It will be an easy ~3 miles round
trip, including gorgeous panoramic views, a bald summit and the beginnings
of the sunset!
Blitz Shea Flanagan with your DASH number by 7pm on Wednesday to sign up or
with questions

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
Lodge Dinner + Moosilauke Sunrise Hike!
Didn't get enough of the Lodge on trips? Didn't get a chance to sunrise
hike up Moosilauke? Want to do either of those things again? Come on this
fun-filled Lodge adventure! We'll head up on Saturday night, eat a
delicious (dance free) dinner, sleep in a rustic cabin, and get up early to
see the sunrise from the top of Mt. Moosilauke, making it back to the Lodge
for a warm breakfast before heading back to campus. The hike is moderate,
and the weather looks beautiful, so sign up!
When: 5pm Saturday (meet behind Robo) - 10:30am Sunday
Cost: Free for DOC members, $3 for non-DOC members, but you'll need to pay
for Lodge dinner, lodging, and breakfast, which totals to $19. You can pay
with cash, DASH, or credit/debit card at the Lodge.
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DASH number by Thursday at
12pm to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Smarts Mountain!

Come hike the gorgeous South side of Smarts Mountain this Saturday – this
moderate 7 mile (round trip) hike is peppered with granite outcrops that
make for fantastic spots to take a break and soak in the spectacular views
– and if that doesn’t satisfy your appetite for awe, then the breathtaking
view from the fire-tower at the peak of Smarts definitely will!****

We’ll take care of lunch on the trail - leaving campus at 10am, and getting
back by 5pm at the latest.****

Cost: $5 for DOC members, $8 for non-members

To sign up, or ask questions, blitz Alannah Linkhorn! Sign up – it’s the
SMART thing to do!****

**
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Hike Mt Ascutney!
This ~6-7 mile round-trip hike will take us through the Vermont woods and
up to the summit of an old volcano.  There will be views of the surrounding
mountains, song, celebration of the woods, friendship, etc!  Depart at
8:30am on Sunday and return by 4 at the latest, but probably earlier.
To sign up blitz your 6-digit Da$h and dietary restrictions to Rebecca
Novello by 11am on Thursday. Cost is $4 for DOC members and $7 for
non-members.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Hike Franconia Ridge
We’re going to be hiking Lincoln and Lafayette on the beautiful Franconia
Ridge. This is a difficult hike, about 9 miles, with 4,000 feet of
elevation gain. The ridge is above treeline, so the views promise to be
amazing. Leaving at 9 on Sunday and getting back around 6. To sign up blitz
your Da$h to Mac Murphy. Cost is $5 for DOC members and $8 for non-members.

MOSTDAYS MOSTDAYS MOSTDAYS
Woodsmen's Team Practice
We are the Dartmouth Woodsmen's Team, and we practice and compete in
lumberjack events. We will decide our weekly practice schedule tonight, and
we will be blitzing it out soon. If you are interested in chopping, sawing,
rolling, climbing, tossing, or burning wood, send us a blitz at
[log in to unmask], and we will put you on our blitz
list. We are totally beginner-friendly and would love to have you come out
to a practice!