UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

September 2012

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sharon Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2012 08:29:42 -0400
I know I'll be seeing most of you tomorrow night but I wanted to say "thank you" to everybody for their notes, cards, kind thoughts, and support when we lost Dad a couple of weeks ago. Even though we  had known it was coming it was still a very difficult time, and knowing we had the support of so many around us was a comfort to us all. Special thanks to Carole and Elisa. Mum, my aunts and uncles and cousins were blown away by you making the 3 hour treck north, then standing in line for an hour to be at calling hours. That was a special gesture( as were the doughnuts and bread ).  If I'd have known you were coming I could have given you better directions than your GPS, though, and you wouldn't have gotten lost in Newport, VT!!!  :-)
Thanks again, everybody.
Sharon
PS:  Percussion, first chance you get at a parade next year, play an extra stinger for Dad!