MACSCRPT Archives

August 2012

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:13:30 -0400
I have a CS5 Photoshop action that does some stuff to an image and saves the result in a temporary file. the action is called by an Applescript that then tells the Finder to move the file to another folder and rename it.

First time around, fine. The next time I run it I get an error "Can't find "temp.jpg." In Photoshop Actions, the save as name has been changed to the destination folder and filename from the previous run. Somehow Photoshop retains a connection the the file it saves, like a quantum entanglement. The change does not appear in the Actions palette after I have moved and renamed the file, only after the next time I run the action.

What good is a macro that keeps changing its mind? How do I get the action to do what I told it to do?

Bill Steele