MACSCRPT Archives

August 2012

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:17:31 -0400
It just seems weird that a system for recording something to be used over and over would change itself every time you use it. It's like it's trying to be helpful. "Oh, after I saved that he moved it and changed the name. He must have made a mistake. Next time I'll fix it for him."

It has to save with the same name because it goes to a Filemaker script that inserts the image in a container field, and unlike Photoshop, Filemaker is consistent: It wants to see the same name every time.

I've solved it for now by telling Finder to duplicate, rather than move, then change the name of the copy. But I'd still like to know why Photoshop does that.

On Aug 24, 2012, at 1:04 PM, Carlos Ysunza wrote:

> One tricky thing that Photoshop actions have is  that if you want to include commands like open or save on it, you MUST record that commands as part of your action, in that way you will have all your new files with a different name each.
> In my opinion it's not a good idea to use the same name, temp.jpg in a Photoshop action.
> Other way to solve this, is that you take out of your PS action any open/save commands and use AppleScript to do this job.
>
> Hope this help
>
> Carlos Ysunza

Bill Steele