CABIN-TRAIL Archives

July 2012, Week 5

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:07:18 +0000
It's DOC summer weekend! Check out the trips we've got going out:

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
Dinertoure!
This week, we're going to Bagel Basement right here in Hanover and (weather-permitting), bringing our bagels to eat on the Green! I just have not gotten over my bagel with lox from last week (whaddup Micky's Diner) and need some more carbs in the shape of a circle. The most chill Dinertoure you've ever been to, this is one not to miss. Who needs a bus when we have our own feet?
Where: Meet behind Robo, we'll walk over to Bagel Basement
When: You're gonna love this, you sleeper-inners. 8:30am, back by whenever you walk to class.
Bring small bills and, as always the ride is free (lol).

The Feed!
As usual, we will be having a feed at the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml) this Wednesday! Time, menu, and cook are all to be determined, but I can guarantee that there will be food, and it will be $4, and it will be delicious! Mark your calendars.

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY
Cardigan Sunsike!
Join us Thursday for an easy ~3mi hike of Mt. Cardigan to watch the sunset and enjoy some incredible views. We'll leave at 6pm from behind Robo, back to campus by 10pm. Free for DOC members, $2 for non.
Blitz Kaila Pedersen with your DASH by the end of today (Tues 7/31) to sign up!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
Event: Bike and Baum!!!
Time: ~3:30 pm Friday - ~11 am or noon Saturday (negotiable, depends on when everyone wants/needs to get back)
Cost: $6 for DOC members, $9 for non-DOC
Description: Come on a cabin overnight to the DOC's new acquisition, Baum Cabin, donated by a past DOC prez! We'll leave on Friday after 2's, bike ~10 miles to Baum, where we will cook a delicious dinner, hang out, and play games! On Saturday morning we'll wake up early, eat breakfast, and bike on back to campus. :-)
Difficulty Level: Moderately strenuous (be prepared to bike ~20 miles, as slow or fast as we want, with your backpack of anything you'll need for the night, including a sleeping bag and our food).
Blitz shorts with your DA$H by noon on WEDNESDAY to sign up! Heelers, if you're interested in co-leading, get at me!

Portage up Mt. Washingtion
Description/difficulty:  Every summer, in a fit of burliness, CnT carries a canoe up Mt. Washingtion to paddle in the Lake of the Clouds.  The hike up is 4.5 mi, with significant elevation and gain and rugged trails.  While this trip is wicked fun (and mad bragging rights), it is challenging.
Time: We will leave behind Robo at 8:30pm on Friday, spend the night at the Lodge, hike up Mt. Washingtion on Saturday and make it back to the Lodge in time for dinner, and be on campus around 10:30pm Saturday.
Cost:  $10 on DA$H plus $5 paid on spot to spend the night at the Lodge.
If interested:  This is a summer weekend trip!  So sign up on Thursday in Robo!  If you have any questions, blitz [log in to unmask]

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
Hike Mt. Cardigan!
Time: 12:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Cost: $10 for everyone!
Description: An easy 3.5 mile roundtrip hike, this rewarding trek up Mt. Cardigan offers gorgeous panoramic views of NH atop a bare-rock summit. Once we've conquered the peak we'll head over to the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge for a delicious dinner and fun hang out with other trips.
Sign up: As a DOC summer weekend trip, sign ups will be in Robo on Thursday afternoon! Stay tuned for exact times. If you have any questions blitz Jen Estrada!

Fraconia Ridge Hike!

Time: 9am - ~10pm

Cost: $10 for everyone

Description: Come explore the Franconia wilderness on what looks to be a beautiful day! We'll be hiking up Mount Lafayette, travelling for an amazing 1.7 miles of the Franconia Ridge, and hiking down Mount Lincoln (where we can shower in a waterfall on the way down!). Once we complete the 9 mile loop, we'll head over to the Lodge for dinner as part of DOC summer weekend. This is a strenuous hike, so some hiking experience is recommended.

Sign up: As a DOC summer weekend trip, sign ups will be in Robo on Thursday afternoon! Stay tuned for exact times, and blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with questions!