CABIN-TRAIL Archives

July 2012, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:54:29 +0000
Bring your family outside for the weekend!
Or ditch them by coming outside for the weekend! (we won't judge <3)

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Dinertoure this week!
Micky's Diner in Enfield, NH. Leaving Wednesday 7:30am, back before 10s.

The ride is free, bring small bills.
Blitz Michael Berger with questions or to sign up

Annie Laurie's Harvest Feed

When: 7:30ish pm

Our very own Annie Laurie Mauh-Pugh has been hard at work for quite some time, defending her garden from drunk cyclists and woodchucks alike - now is the time to reap the rewards! Come to the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml) to enjoy a delicious, primarily garden food-based meal cooked by Annie Laurie and Vipul!

Cost: $4

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: Sunset Hike to Mt. Cardigan!

When: Thursday, 7:15-9:15

Difficulty level: Easy

Description: Join us for a 1.5 mile hike up Mt. Cardigan! We'll watch the sun set from the top, and then make our way down (3mi total). Should be a pretty easy hike with incredible views (aka definitely worth it).

Cost: $2 for non-DOC members, probably free for members

Blitz Kaila Pedersen with your DASH to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Hike Mt.Cube!

When: Sunday, 9am-3:30pm

Description/Difficulty: A moderate level hike, 6.5-7 miles. We will meet behind Robo at 9am, and then drive to Mt. Cube where we will hike to the beautiful granite slab summit to eat lunch and take in the good views. We will be back on campus by 3:30pm

Cost: $4 DOC members, $7 non-members

Blitz: Alannah Linkhorn with your DASH to sign up!

What: Balch Hill Hike

When: 9am-11am

Why: Because you want to show your parents how awesome Dartmouth is.

Come with a parent, come without, come with siblings, we don't care!  It'll be a nice hike to see some New Hampshire wilderness within walking distance of campus.  Very easy, only a couple of miles!

Cost: FREE (that is, after you've paid tuition and gotten accepted to the school…)

Blitz: Paige Wilson to sign up!

Orienteering!

Time: 1-4pm
Ever wanted to find your way around the wilderness with just a compass and map? Come to orienteering this Sunday and learn how to navigate the wilderness! We'll wander around the woods for a while, making our way to different points on the map and learning how to use these tools together to keep track of where you are even somewhere completely unfamiliar.

In addition to being a requirement for wilderness-certified leaders in Cabin and Trail, orienteering is a ton of fun and a useful skill. Make the most of your afternoon and learn something new and practical while having tons of fun!

Blitz: Jen Estrada to sign up!

Blueberry Picking
Time: 10:00- 1:00
Cost: $2 for the ride, bring money for the berries.
Blitz: Piotr Teterwak or Zach Martinez with your DASH to sign up.