CABIN-TRAIL Archives

June 2012, Week 4

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:44:27 +0000
We've got some awesome hikes to celebrate the first week of 12X!  Read below, and feel free to blitz leaders with questions or to sign up.  Make sure you act fast on those Tuesday (gasp *today*) trips!

TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY

Are you hungry?
If no: go hiking until you are.
If yes:  Heigh Ye Hither to Ye Olde Lodge!
The party bus (pirate ship) will be leaving at approximately 5.17 tomorrow afternoon behind Robo and good times lay ahead, replendescent on Faire Mounte Mooilauke.  Pirate flair encouraged.
BREAD LIES AHEAD TO THE STARBOARD SIDE
PS  Blitz Squid Reckford or the Riebster to sign up: MUST be done before noon, and blitz must include any and all food allergies.  Vegans will be forced to walk the plank.  Bring moolah for the yums.

What: Thunderstorm watching!
Time: 10pm-whenevz, Tuesday
Cost: Free
Description: The weather may be sucky, but you can still have fun outside! Come join us to watch nature do its thing; we'll meet behind Robo and head over to the golf course. Bringing a rain jacket would probably be a good idea. Bringing metal objects would probably be a bad idea.
Blitz Shea Flanagan with questions or to sign up.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: Dinertoure
Where: @ 4 Aces in West Leb.
When: Meet behind Robo at 7:30, back before 10s.
Ride is free! but bring small bills for da fooodzz
blitz Michael Berger if you're coming

There’s gonna be a feed this Wednesday! And not just any feed – THE PLANNING FEED!!
The planning feed is that special feed at the beginning of the term when we elect people to the responsibilities of the various chairs that keep the CnT machine going, and also talk about the major trips and exciting things that are going to happen this term!
You’ll also get to eat delicious food cooked by our very own chefs Molly McBride and Jesse "The Man Of The World" Rieb. Menu TBD.
The feed will be at 7:00 pm at the Rock, which is an off-campus house in Hanover (directions can be found here:http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)
Cost: $4
Blitz Molly or Jesse if you want to help cook (in which case the meal is free!)

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Hike Mt. Cube!
When: This Saturday, leave at 9:00 am, back by 4:00 pm.
Difficulty: Moderate to easy, 8 miles round trip, ~1400' elevation gain
Description: Mt. Cube is a beautiful mountain north of Hanover. We will hike up the scenic south side of the mountain, eat lunch on top, and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding area. There is the possibility of a stop for ice cream at the Whippi Dip on our way back to Hanover...
Cost: $4 for DOC members, ~$6 for non-members.
Blitz: Jesse Rieb if you have questions, or blitz me your DASH number to sign up.

What: Spelunking!!!
When: Saturday 7am to about 3pm
Description: We will be spelunking in Morris Cave, located near Rutland, VT, about an hour's drive from Hanover. This cave is a good beginner cave with over 1800 feet of passages, numerous caverns, and an underground waterfall and lake. There are several "tight squeezes," or very small passages that you have to crawl through, so if you have claustrophobia problems, this cave is not for you. If you would like to come on this caving trip or any caving trip in the future, you are required to attend a mandatory caving introduction and safety meeting. Blitz me ASAP if you're interested in this trip and we will determine the safety meeting time with the group.
Difficulty: beginner cave
Cost: $5 DOC, $10 non-DOC
Blitz: Jocelyn Powelson with your dash number to sign up! limited spots available!