LLTI Archives

June 2012, Week 3

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:28:06 -0500
from  [log in to unmask]

Have you tried Calibre?

http://calibre-ebook.com/

It is useful in reading and converting ebooks to different formats. I also save news articles
with text & images to pdf format via PDF-Creator. Just now, I opened one of them with
Calibre & converted it to RTF. The resulting file could be opened and read in WordPerfect X3
and Open Office. The font size and paragraphing needed to be tweaked, but the text and
images were all there. I don't use MS-Word, so cannot comment on its abilities.

--MP

*********
M. Pollex  <[log in to unmask]>
Language Lab Coordinator