LLTI Archives

June 2012, Week 3

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:18:47 -0500
from [log in to unmask]

I haven't seen a DLP or LCD projector that can't do PAL and SECAM for many years.  If you have verified that the projector doesn't recognize a PAL or SECAM signal, then you can get a variety of video converters from 220 Electronics, among other vendors.  The models that I bought from them ten years ago continue to function, but they are no longer sold.  Standard definition (probably all that matters, from VHS or DVD sources) converters are available for less than $100, and HD models are plentiful from $100 through $160.  More features and possibilities cost varying amounts on the web page below, with several in the mid-$200 range, up to as much as $450 for the best one that they offer.

http://www.220-electronics.com/pal-ntsc-secam-video-converter.htm

Derek