CABIN-TRAIL Archives

May 2012, Week 5

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2012 02:49:15 +0000
We're only eating!

That's right, come one come all for two fabulous food-focused trips!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Bye-nertoure. Maple Sugar and Vermont Spice. Mendon, VT.
Leaving at 6:30 AM. RSVP to [log in to unmask]

Note: Dinertoure does not count as a pre-First Year Trip Trip. Please
go to the woods.
We are at our worst when we don't treat people like people. When we
stereotype, self-deprecate, place ourselves on pedestals, or retreat
from the world--any time we ignore or minimize the emotions of others.
College can make this dehumanization de rigueur. For many of us it is
the first time in our lives that we are can be completely selfish. Yet
we are at our best when we attain self-control, nourishment, and
companionship. Dinertoure strives for this ideal. We are a simple club
with these simple goals: embrace the morning, eat heartily, and make
friends. Over the past few years, I've had the privilege to storm the
Upper Valley in Vox Vans, racing down 91S to be back by 9s. I've eaten
at truck stops, tourist traps, and town centers. I've broken ice,
boundaries, and hearts. And as I leave from the back of Robinson Hall
for the last time, I know that though my memories are engrained, the
club will move forward. There are still more omelettes to be eaten,
syrups to chug, and new roads to travel with old friends. Bring small
bills. It's worth it. Though the ride is free, the experience is
priceless.

The FEED!
And not just any feed, it's the ascensions feed! Come celebrate the newest addition the Cabin and Trail leader body as we feast on delectable orange and black courses . Dinner is a Mexican theme, and dessert is "orange-and-black pie" - sounds mysterious...
Cost: $4
When: 2:30pm
Where: The Rock (directions: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml)