LLTI Archives

May 2012, Week 1

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2012 10:52:38 -0500

(Please excuse multiple postings.)  We are at a crossroads at the Multimedia
Language Centre, York University (Toronto, Canada) and are considering our
options for the next decade. We have been asked to articulate a vision of
technology-enhanced language teaching for the next 10 years and have been
charged by our Dean with gathering information onthe best use and practices of
multimedia language facilities from other post-secondary institutions. Renovate
or eliminate?  Dedicated facility or smart classrooms with mobile technology?
Resource centre or no resource centre (for software/teaching materials
development) for either or both students and faculty?  Meeting place for
language students? Etc.

We would be most grateful if you shared your thoughts with us on these and other
relevant issues.

You can reply directly to Monique Adriaen and Roberta Sinyor: [log in to unmask]
and [log in to unmask]

We will provide a summary of the feedback.

Thank you,

Roberta Sinyor,
Academic Coordinator, Multimedia Language Centre, York University, Toronto
Canada

Monique Adriaen,
Chair, Dept. of French Studies, York University, Toronto Canada