CABIN-TRAIL Archives

May 2012, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 20:57:55 +0000
Blitz is FINALLY back up, so check out the awesome trips we have lined up this week!
A limited amount of financial aid is available for these day trips - respond to this blitz if interested!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
Event: Fire build
Time: 4:00 - 6:00 PM Wednesday, May 2
Cost: Free
Blitz: Will Bishop to sign up

THE FEED
7pm at the rock (directions:  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml )
Cost $4
Benefits: Home cooked meal, full belly, happy friends and the warmth of the rock.
Menu: We are making hot n heavy (trips) lasagna, followed by slutty brownies.
Are you guys ready for this?
Blitz Suzanne Kelson if you know you are coming

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

FRIDAYTOURE to the Whistle Stop Cafe
Starring Friday Kahlo. 6:50 AM. RSVP to [log in to unmask]
Apologies about the date change. A sports team that shall not be named
(rhymes with "hug me") said they had dibs on going to diners on
Wednesday, and we neither have the physical nor financial muscle to
dispute their claim. We're going to do a lot of bench presses this
weekend though, so maybe next Wednesday we can negotiate something.

The ride is free, bring small bills.

Event: Mt. Cardigan Sunsike!

Time: 5:30om-9:30pm

Cost: $4 for DOC members, $8 for non-members

Description/Difficulty Level: With a bare-rock summit and only 3.5 miles roundtrip, this easy hike up Mt. Cardigan offers gorgeous panoramic views of NH at the summit and a chance to start of the weekend off with a romantic sunset. Spend the evening bathed in majestic red and violets hues and munching on some tasty snacks on snacks/desserts. We'll even be back in time for other Friday night fun-tivities you might have planned.

Blitz: Jennifer Estrada with your DA$H to sign up.

Event: Carter Traverse
Time: 3:00 PM Friday, May 4 - 10:00 PM Saturday, May 5
Cost: $14 DOC members, $20 non-DOC
Description: An 18-mile hike across Mt. Moriah, the Carters, and the Wildcats in the White Mountains east of the Presidentials.  We'll head up to Billings Cabin on Friday afternoon, make a delicious dinner, play a game or two, and go to bed so we can start hiking nice and early.  There should be spectacular views of Pinkham Notch and the Prezzies!
Difficulty level: Strenuous.  Only experienced hikers in good physical condition should sign up.
Blitz: Will Bishop to sign up

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Event: Hike Mount Eisenhower
Time: 8:00 am -- 7pm on Saturday
Cost for lunch and snacks along the way: $6 for DOC members, $10 for non-DOC members
Difficulty level: harder but doable
Come enjoy amazing views of the Presidential Range! To get up Eisenhower, we will take the Edmands Path and then the Crawford Path. We will enjoy crossing pretty streams and seeing a bunch of small waterfalls along the way. Once we're above treeline, we'll get to see some cool alpine vegetation and maybe even some birdies! There will most likely be a bit of snow/ice near the top, so we'll bring microspikes to tackle that! Lunch and snacks will be delicious, so come and let's have some good times!
Blitz Georgi Klissurski with your DA$H number.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Event: Mt. Chocorua

Time: 8 am - 6:30 pm

Cost: $4 for DOC members, $6 otherwise

Description / Difficulty level:
We'll be going to hike Mt. Chocorua in the Sandwich Range, about 2 hours away. It's an eight mile, moderate hike with beautiful views of Washington on top. On the way back we'll be stopping at the Sandwich Creamery!

Blitz: Maddie Lesser or Julia Hudnut-Beumler with your DASH to sign up

Event: Hike the AT in VT -- to Happy Hill Shelter

Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm

Cost: $4 for DOC members, $6 otherwise

Description / Difficulty level: We'll pick up the AT in our very own Norwich, VT, and hike around 8 miles west to Hartford. The trail climbs over rolling hills and through tons of open fields with lovely views of New Hampshire; we'll stop at Happy Hill Shelter for lunch. The hike is easy and this is the PERFECT time to see the woods exploding with spring flowers and animals.

Blitz: Ben Bauer with your DASH to sign up (lunch provided -- and 15s, bring you parents).

FUTURE FUTURE FUTURE

Event: Grant Weekend
Time: Friday, May 25 - Sunday, May 27
Cost: $20 DOC memers, $30 non-DOC
Description: Over Memorial Day weekend we will go up to Alder Brook Cabin the Second College Grant and do some canoeing, hiking, possibly biking, singing, and/or whatever else you feel like doing!  Since Monday is reading period, you'll still have a day to study after we get back.  The Grant is one of the most beautiful parts of Dartmouth so come enjoy it with Cabin & Trail as a nice rest before finals.
Difficulty level: However easy or hard you want.
Blitz: Will Bishop to sign up