CABIN-TRAIL Archives

April 2012, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:21:35 +0000
It's soooo nice outside!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

D-INERTIA-TOURE.

P and H Truckstop. Wells River, VT 6:40AM
RSVP to [log in to unmask]
Lately the lamestream media has criticized Dinertoure for being too
focused on food. "We have nothing against diners", the Stall Street
Journal wrote. "We just want you to discuss art, culture,
international diplomacy, and the triumphs and troubles of the age
instead of comparing how much pork is stuffed in your omelettes."
Whatever, I've been to social gatherings designed by smart people.
Mensa, Opera, Senior Bio Seminars--they're all snoozefests!
Dinertoure wakes you up by clawing at the primal parts of your brain.
The reptilian mind that comprehends fun, food, and satisfaction. We
bring our hunger raw and exit with our cravings cooked. Escape the
elite and take yourself down a few notches. We all eat breakfast. The
ride is free, bring small bills.

The Feed!

Come try Mac and Vipul’s rendition of the cook-off winning Chili recipe, and a variety of cookies to be served after!

The feed will be at 7 pm, at the Rock (directions below) - Dinner will be $4, the merriment and great company will be completely free!

Also, come play squash feed (or learn to play squash!) with chubbers afterwards!

Directions to the Rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Firebuild!

Ever had a burning desire to learn how to build a fire? Now's your chance! Come on over to Oak Hill and learn how to build a legit fire - none of that lighter fluid nonsense. In addition to being super fun, it's a requirement to become a wilderness-certified leader in Cabin and Trail.

When: Post-2s on Friday

Cost: FREE!

Blitz: Krystyna Oszkinis to sign up or with questions!

Exploring!

What better way to spend the fine weather and sunny skies than traipsing around the woods on a scouting mission? Join Rory Gawler and Molly McBride as they explore the trails that Dartmouth owns and look for problem spots that we can fix! It's going to be beautiful, and this is an awesome and fun way to give back because there'd be no Cabin and Trail without trails! Leaving from Robo 1 pm Friday, for a few hours! :-D

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Bike and Hike on Mt. Gile!

We will bike to Norwich and then hike Mt. Gile. An easy trip with some great views and great company. Delicious trail snacks provided.

When: Saturday 3:30-6:30

Cost: $3 DOC/$4 nonmembers.

Blitz Ben Bauer to sign up

Come do trailwork!

Time: TBD

Location: TBD

Price: $ZERO because it’s trailwork

Description: As you can see, many things about this trip are TBD.  We will be doing trailwork, likely involving the use of axes and saws, eating food, and not paying money.  If this sounds like fun, blitz Will Bishop to sign up!  If you’d like to help make sure this trip has something to do, go on Molly’s scouting trip on Friday!

Blitz: Will Bisop