LLTI Archives

March 2012, Week 1

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 13:18:56 -0600
from Bob Majors <[log in to unmask]>

I'm helping someone who works with a school in Tajikistan. Tajikistan teachers of ESL have one computer running Windows 7. "Internet is available, and theoretically, is available at all times. But frequently, like today, there is no electricity to the building or no internet connection or both, so it's sort of hit and miss. If the software can be used and useful offline, that is probably the best." (No mention of connection speed.) "The English Department "can get mics and sound cards, etc here if needed."" (that will be needed -Bob).

The purpose of the software is not for the students (although that might be beneficial); rather to improve the pronunciation skills of the ESL instructors.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll pass those along. Thanks.

Bob Majors
Language Learning Center
University of Washington