MACSCRPT Archives

March 2012

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Simon Topliss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:23:08 +0000
On 16 Mar 2012, at 07:04, Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:

> Wow! This is great. I really thought that I had lost all my work done some years ago.

FWIW, you can still create, edit, compile and build AppleScript Studio projects in 10.7.

You can't install Xcode 3.2 on Lion but it works just fine if you copy it from a 10.6 install.

You can even copy the Xcode project templates "AppleScript Application", "AppleScript Document-based Application" and "AppleScript Droplet" from Xcode 3.1.x installed on 10.5 if you want.

Of course, by not moving forward with Cocoa-AppleScript you're just delaying the inevitable. Someday, AppleScript Studio apps won't work and Xcode 4.3 changes the landscape somewhat.

HTH,
Simon