LLTI Archives

February 2012, Week 2

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:04:15 -0600
from  "Cobb-Zygadlo, Deanne" <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning,
I am currently working on developing a project idea making use of phone voicemail greetings for storytelling / scavenger hunts.  I would like to find a tool similar to Google Voice that allows one to create a local phone number and record a voicemail greeting for others to call in to hear.

The only issue is finding a service where a voicemail greeting can be long enough!  Google Voice (according to my tests) allows greetings of only approximately 30 seconds.  Not long enough for a story to be told.

I could probably do something using QR codes instead, but I would like to keep the technology needed to hear the audio low-tech (in case there is anyone who has a super simple, old-style cell phone).

Has anyone on the list stumbled upon a tool that might work?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have,
Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo

Deanne Cobb-Zygadlo
Director, Language Resource Center
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania

phone:  484-646-5865
email:   [log in to unmask]
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/KU_LRC
NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the addressee, and may contain information that is private, confidential or otherwise restricted from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, any distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error please notify KU immediately by contacting [log in to unmask]