This Week in Cabin and Trail

Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>

[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:46:42 -0500

text/plain

Blitz the leader with your DID to officially sign up for trips. Go play!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

The Diner Netwourk. Polka Dot Diner, WRJ, VT
6:45 AM, RSVP to [log in to unmask]

If I've learned one thing about success in college, it is this: it's not
what you know but who you know. I'd rather be connected than contemplative,
and well-known wins out over well-read. At Dinertoure we've tried to
promise that you early birds would catch all the worms, but we haven't
always delivered. In order to improve our networking skills, this week we
will be starting up Dinertoure Plus: FRITTATA (Friendly Reliable
Individuals Trying To Associate Together in America). Our first guests at
the table will be Dan Nelson (Director of Outdoor Programs) and Kathy
Decato (Ruler of Robo)! We can't disclose next week's power players yet,
but their names rhyme with Schmustan Goolsbee and Schmeremy Lin. Dinertoure
FRITTATA: Today's Eaters are Tomorrow's Leaders. And as always, The Ride is
Free, Bring Small Bills

Feed@Rock!
When: Wednesday evening at ~7pm (times tba)
What: Come enjoy a scrumptious home-cooked meal in CnT's off-campus house.
Directions to the Rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Hike up Balch Hill:
Dear sons and daughters of the College on the Hill,
*GRAB YOUR WATERPROOF SHOES AND RISE UP!*
For there's a little hill by the name of Balch,
a short walk from the center of our:
eating, sleeping, snooze-buttoning, studying,
and social, spiritual, intellectual, physical, and metaphysical
shenanigans.
There's these mountain items that hold our valley together.
And our valley that holds the mountains together.
Come see what it looks like around us!
Be in nature, and be in your own nature!
ALL ARE WELCOME!
A very beautiful walk, ~1.5 miles, starting from Robinson Hall (Robo).
Short 10 minute hike to a hilltop with gorgeous views of surrounding
mountains.
Meet at 3 PM behind Robo on Friday, back on campus by 6 PM!
Cost: $0, just bring your feet and a flashlight in case we are walking
along the road in the dark!
Blitz Farzeen Mahmud or Alison Helzer to sign up by Thursday afternoon. <3
<3 <3 <3

Pemigewasset Ski Traverse
ski tour.  We will start from the Zealand Falls trailhead in the northern Pemi
and ski 21 mi south to the Lincoln Woods trailhead.  Doing so we will be passing
through some of the most beautiful and remote landscape in New Hampshire.  In
order to get an early start on the trip we will go up Friday and spend the night
at Billing Cabin.
Timing:  we will leave around 4:30 Friday evening and try to be back Saturday
evening.  However, if something happens we might be forced to spend Saturday night
on the trail.
Difficulty:   *This trip is difficult and should be attempted by fit and experienced
skiers.*
Cost:  $14 for DOC members
Blitz Annie Laurie Mauhs-Pugh with your DA$H, shoe size, height, and skiing experience
(super briefly!) to sign up.

Ice Skate on Lake of the Clouds
When: Friday afternoon to Saturday night
What: Drive up to Billings Friday night (just over 2 hours away), eat a scrumptious
meal and party with the Pemi Ski group.  Then, on Saturday morning, hike up the
shoulder of Mt. Washington, go ice skating at lakes of the clouds (just below
the summit of Washington), eat some lunch, hike back down, and head home!  The
hike will be around 6-7 miles roundtrip, all uphill, then all downhill.
Cost: $14 for dinner, breakfast, lunch, and snacks!