CABIN-TRAIL Archives

January 2012, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:05:49 -0500
There might not be snow in Hanover, but there's still snowy fun to be had!
Check out the ski trips, food fun trips, and hiking trips.
Get outside, tackle the cold, enjoy the wintery outdoors, and meet new friends!

Blitz the leader with your DID to sign up for any trip.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Diner-Wintoure!
Eaton's Sugarhouse in South Royalton Vermont. Leave at 6:42 AM
RSVP to [log in to unmask]

"The Sugarhouse Rules", is the tattoo I'd have gotten on my trapezius
if the tattoo gun was able to cut through my back acne (backne). But
if I had the option to trade Eaton's Sugarhouse for a cleanly scrubbed
back, I wouldn't think twice. Lumberjack Valhalla, (which is what they
used to call the Sugarhouse before Sweden sued Vermont) is worth all
the backne you can imagine (and then some! I'll send a picture out
later). It's a great place, with incredible pancakes, marvelous maple
syrup, and enough lively conversation that you can't even hear the
rustling sound a cotton t-shirt makes as it twists overs the contours
of my hideous, mutant, lordforsaken posterior.
The ride is free, bring small bills.

Feed!!! at the Rock at 6:30pm
Come eat and be merry with CnT friends! Dinner will be some pasta-like
creation, cooked by Billy Zou. Blitz Billy if you want to help cook or clean
(then the meal is for free!).
This is the planning feed, so we will be thinking up cool ideas and big trips
for this term. Come with ideas, aspirations, and an empty belly.
Cost: $4 - A good deal for a homecooked meal!!
Where: The Rock, 16 Sargeant St.
Directions to the rock: http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Gile Sunrike!
top of Mt Gile!  Mt Gile is a short, easy climb with a fire tower and gorgeous
views on top.  Come celebrate the first full week of school with awesome people
and HOT COCOA!
Cost:  Free for DOC members, $1 for non-members.
Time:  Meet behind Robo at 6am, back by 9Ls
Blitz Annie Laurie Mauhs-Pugh with your DA$H to sign up

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Contradance in Norwich!
When: Saturday, January 14, 7:45-11:15 PM
Where: Tracy Hall, Norwich
Northern Spy!  Live music and great company will be provided; all dances are
taught, so beginners are welcome!  We'll meet at 7:45 behind Robo to head over
to the dance, which runs from 8-11.
Cost: $5 (student price) to pay the band
Blitz: Will Bishop to sign up

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
(because you can save your homework for Monday!)

Zealand Falls Ski and Hike
With Julia and Gerben

This is a beautiful, beginner-friendly ski trip that crosses next to a nice
snow covered brook and frozen waterfalls. While we don't require cross-country
skiing experience, a little bit of experience on skis would certainly be
helpful. The trail is mostly flat and we will hike a short distance at the
mid-way point to go up to the Zealand Falls hut which is owned by the AMC and
is open in the winter! (what a perfect place for lunch) We will be leaving Robo
around 8 in the morning and returning sometime in the late afternoon/evening.
We provide the skis, boots, poles, gaiters if we need them, and a hearty lunch.
The cost is $6 for DOC members and $8 for non-members.

Blitz [log in to unmask] with your name, dash number, shoe size, and any
dietary restrictions to sign up.

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY

Ski the Sherburne
Leaving early morning, ski down from the base of Tuckerman's Ravine on Mt.
Washington after a nice hike up on the scenic Sherburne trail. Good chance to
practice your fishscales! Some XC experience recommended, cost will be $4 DOC
$6 non-DOC. Trip is weather/interest-dependent, blitz Billy Zou for more info.