LLTI Archives

December 2011, Week 1

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 10:33:40 -0500
From: Sonja Fritzsche <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: lab coordinator at small liberal arts school
Date: November 30, 2011 10:42:52 PM EST

Dear all,

I'm wondering if those of you at small liberal arts or other schools without full-time lab directors could give me an idea of how you staff your labs?  Is there a coordinator in a combination with a faculty position or a lecturer position?  Is it a combination with an IT position?  What do these positions look like?  Is a course release(s) or other compensation involved? How much time is devoted to the lab and how much time is devoted to other duties?

I appreciate any type of model or advice you might have.

Best wishes,
Sonja

--
"Die Grenzen meiner Sprache[n] bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt."
"The borders of my language[s] represent the borders of my world."

                                         Ludwig Wittgenstein

Sonja Fritzsche, Ph.D.
Department Co-Chair
Associate Professor of German and Eastern European Studies

Dept. of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures
Illinois Wesleyan University
P.O. Box 2900
210 E. University
Bloomington, IL 61701