CABIN-TRAIL Archives

November 2011, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:22:54 -0500
WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Windsor Diner (Windsor, VT). 6:50 AM (Leave from the back of Robo/Roback)
RSVP to [log in to unmask]

If cameras existed when the Windsor Diner was built, and if you set up a
camera inside the diner to film the street, you'd have quite a movie.
Horses would turn into steam engines that would turn into cars. Trees would
turn into telephone poles. Men holding axes would become men holding
cellphones, and women holding babies would become women holding
mcat/lsat/gre prep books. The apothecary across the street would become a
general store, then the fort of crazy General Storr for a few years in the
1970's, and then a CVS. Inside the diner, though, nothing would change! At
Dinertoure, the past is history and the future is tomorrow. Grab a seat
with us by the window, and see the present progress before your eyes. The
ride is free/bring small bills.

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: Nunnemacher Cabin Heeler Overnight for Paige!
When: 4:30pm Thursday to 8:30am Friday
Cost: $1 'cuz it's a heeler overnight
and lights, wood stove for heating, and located a mere 10 minute drive from
campus, it is the perfect place to go for a fun night away from campus.  There
will be good food, fun times, games, a little bit of hiking, and most
importantly good times.  AND it's Paige's heeler overnight, so you will get to
witness the next step in Paige's journey to complete her leader requirements.
It's like a coronation, only better.  Tiaras encouraged.  The hiking to get to
the cabin is relatively short.  Come one, come all!
Blitz: Paige Wilson or paigey to sign up with your DA$H

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

*Orienteering Workshop*
Times: something like Noon to 4 pm, but will depend on participants
schedules
Destination: 43.654522,-72.294896
(Meeting behind Robo)
Cost: Free!!
Join us playing around with maps and compasses while bushwhacking through
the woods around Boston Lot Lake (tentative destination). For anyone hoping
to be a Wilderness level Leader for CnT, an orienteering course is a
requirement. We'll have fun scrambling around off trail, following topo
lines, and trying to find map points on the ground. We'll bring snacks and
maps, and we can find you a compass if you don't have one.
Blitz: Matt Pickart and Charlie Governali with you DID# to sign up.

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY

*Armington Overnight and Sunrike!*
When: Leaving after dinner (around 8 pm) on Monday night, returning by 10
am Tuesday
Where: Armington Cabin and the mountain across the lake
Cost: $1
What: Sit around a wood stove eating delicious desserts and drinking hot
drinks. Then, go to bed early, get up the next morning, and hike to the top
of Piermont Mountain for the sunrise!
Blitz: Vipul Kakkad with your Da$H # to sign up!