CABIN-TRAIL Archives

November 2011, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 20:10:46 -0500
Get outside before you it's really the end of the term!
Blitz the leader with your DID to officially sign up for a trip.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

DINERTOURE:
Four Aces, West Leb. Leave from the Back of Robo at 6:50 AM
RSVP to [log in to unmask]

John Mayer once wrote "The world, it is a changin" and no place shows this
better than 4 Aces. Originally called Four Races, the restaurant was
designed by racist Dartmouth Anthropology professor Carleton Paganucci in
1929, to fit with his theories about mankind's different ethnicities. The
restaurant was divided into 4 different sections (With different menus for
different people), and until 1999, it was a source of shame for most
members of the local community. After Dinertoure threw a flaming brick
through their window, sending a message that all people should enjoy all
diners in all ways, Four Races dropped the second R and picked up a cards
theme. Hooray for progress! The ride is free, bring small bills.

FEED!
The Cabin and Trail Feed is our weekly dinner at the Rock (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~cabtrail/rock.shtml).
Stop by for a cheap dinner and free company! $4. Blitz Matt Pickart to help cook
or clean (you eat for free!).

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Event: Star Gazing
Day: Friday
Time: 8 pm.
Cost: Free!
course. It'll be best night for the North Taurid meteor shower. Bring
blankets, sleeping bags, instruments, and star charts and let's have a
great time!
To sign up or get more info, blitz Jeremy Brouillet

Joint Dartmouth-Skidmore Outing Club trip!
When: Friday evening, returning Saturday night OR early Sunday morning (depending
on your preferences)
Where: Billings Lodge, the most deluxe of DOC cabins

ever Skidmore-Dartmouth Outing Club trip! After meeting a group of Skidmore students
in Hanover, we'll drive up to Billings Lodge Friday evening. On Saturday we'll
hike Mt. Adams, one of the highest mountains in the Northern Presidential Range.
As of right now the weather is looking good, and Mt. Adams offers some of the
best views in the Whites. We'll either stay at Billings another night and eat
a delicious dinner (feel free to bring homework) or return Saturday night. When
you sign up or express interest, tell me your preference (and there may even be
both options available). This trip is a unique opportunity to escape the Dartmouth
bubble for a bit and hang out with some cool people! Joint trips with other colleges
are always a blast.

Featuring: 8 Skidmore students, Wouter Zwart, and a random Swede
Cost: ~$10 for DOC members, ~$15 non-DOC members
Blitz: Matt Pickart with questions, or with your DID number to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

Gile Mountain Sunset Hike!!!!!!!!!!!
When/Where: Meet behind Robo at 2:45 Saturday Afternoon. We aim to return to campus
by 5:30 PM.
Trip Description: A 1.5 mile easy hike up to the top of Gile mountain. We'll be
hanging out at the summit where there is a really cool fire tower with sick views.
We'll also be making hot chocolate at the summit as we watch the sunset. The weather
looks to be fairly warm and sunny. It is going to be awesome.
Cost: $2 for DOC members, a couple more for nonDOC-members.
Blitz Adam Schneider with your DA$H # if you want to come.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Boncliff Hike 'n Bike!
When/Where: Meet behind Robo at 7am Sunday.  Back by 8pm.
Trip Description: About 9mi biking, 8mi hiking. The Boncliffs are some ridiculously
beautiful mountains in New Hampshire's Pemigewasset wilderness.  The first 4.5mi
of trail is flat, so we'll bike in (bikes provided) then hike the rest of the
way.  Breakfast included!
Cost: $10 DOC members, ~$12 Non-Members.
Blitz: Annie Laurie Mauhs-Pugh with question or you DA$H to sign up.  Also, lemme
know if you have a bike or not.