CABIN-TRAIL Archives

November 2011, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:32:15 -0400
Highlights: Closing weekend at the Lodge, fresh snow, tasty, big-hearted
chubbers.

As zombie Steve Jobs likes to say, "Stay hungry, stay ghoulish."

Enjoy!

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Novembertoure at Stella's
Leave from the back of Robo at 6:50 AM
RSVP to [log in to unmask] (Do nicknames work yet?)

My 10 favorite things about vans:
1.-9. The 9 dinertourists that can be comfortably seated in the van.
10. Free ride!!! (but bring small bills for foodstuffs).

Feed
Wednesday night at the Rock. Blitz Alison Helzer if you want to cook/help.

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: Sunrise hike on Balch hill. The theme is balls (punny, I know), so bring
some and we will probably have a dodgeball fight at the top! Should be about a
three mile loop.
When: Meet behind robo at 5:45
Cost: FREE!!
Contact: Lorin Paley

Apple Picking

Come pick apples and enjoy Riverview Farm from 12:00 - 1:30 on Thursday.
There will be a free ride, but bring money if you plan on picking.
Blitz Zach Martinez or Allison Helzer if you would like to come, and let us
know if you are sprinter/ microbus certified and would be willing to drive so
that more people can come.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Lodge Closing Weekend!
with random sign posting and cabin stuff on the way up.

Depart: Friday at 3:30
Return: Saturday late at night
Cost: either free or $8. +$3 for non-DOC

The Lodge is shutting down this weekend, and they need our help to prepare
for winter! On Friday we will drive up to the lodge, posting signs on the
AT and disconnecting water from cabins as we go. We will spend the night at
the Lodge, and our Saturday will be filled with chopping wood, cleaning
things, and doing all the little tasks that are needed to close down the
Lodge for the season. After work comes THE BEST LODGE DINNER OF ALL! It is
a full Thanksgiving feast with Turkey, fixin's and more pie than you can
shake a neatly split stick at. Dinner might be followed by contra dancing?
All our meals are provided by the Lodge, for free.

Blitz Samuel Kernan to sign up or to get info

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Carter Dome!!!
When/Where: Meet behind Robo at 7:30 AM on Sunday. We aim to return by 8:00 PM.
with the slightly lower Mount Hight (which is said to have the most insane
views). The weather is supposed to be sunny and 50 degrees; the perfect day to
go hiking in November!
Cost: $8 for DOC members, $10 for nonmembers.
It is going to be an awesome fall hike in the Whites!
Blitz Adam Schneider with you DA$H numbers to sign up.

Hike Mt. Adams!

When/Where: Meet behind Robo at 8:00 amO Back Before 9 pm (dinner
included! ... see below)

Trip Description: ~10 Miles Round Trip. Come hike the Whites' second
highest peak. Weather looks pretty sunny, so come for some great
views, the possibility of super fun snow, and good company!

Cost: $5 DOC members, $7 Non-Members

Weill finish up a hard day of hiking with a hot dinner at a local
Diner, so bring some extra cash!