ALUM-SYL Archives

November 2011, Week 1

ALUM-SYL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Holly Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Holly Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 14:45:04 -0400
Sent to us from alum Ayrat Safine:

Access / Excel VBA Developer
Monticello Consulting Group - Downtown Manhattan (Greater New York City Area)
Job Description

The consultant role requires a combination of VBA development, requirements analysis and stakeholder management.  The scope of project work ranges from fully automated and VBA-intensive MS Access databases to Excel workbooks with extensive VBA macros.  The consultant should have significant experience building tactical tools for past clients in a Financial Services setting.  Our firm has a significant pipeline of potential projects and is being asked to provide a growing number of process solutions.  As a member of a tactical process efficiency team, your responsibilities would include:
*	Delivering projects on time and to the required quality
*	Displaying a high level of attention to detail on all project work
*	Communicating and partnering with stakeholders / clients to accomplish project goals
*	Assuming ownership of problems and driving towards their resolution
*	Managing and reporting to team manager on all projects you are responsible for
*	Assisting in the requirements analysis and project prioritization process
Desired Skills & Experience
*	Microsoft Office / VBA - strong knowledge of VBA (specifically in MS Access and Excel) and advanced knowledge of MS Office suite
*	Analytical background - proven problem-solving ability
*	Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
*	Control and risk - key understanding of process risk and control
*	Strong communication skills - comfortable in interfacing to a cross-section of groups at various levels
*	Dedicated and self-motivated - effective co-ordination and time management required
*	Project management - experience of full project lifecycle with financial services clients
*	Ability to understand how individual processes align to the strategic team goals
*	Technical documentation - comfortable with writing technical specification documents
Company Description
Monticello Consulting Group is a management consulting firm servicing clients in several industry verticals, including the global financial services industry. Monticello Consulting Group employs a combination of skills and methodology to drive significant bottom-line results for our clients.  We believe one-size does not fit all when it comes to implementing solutions to our clients' most challenging change initiatives.  We work with our clients to formulize an engagement approach that will address the client's problem while factoring the organization's culture and available resources.  This approach, combined with our mindset that all our consultants participate, from partner to associate, on the engagement team, has delivered unparalleled success for our clients' projects.  We believe this approach and mindset is a key differentiator for Monticello Consulting in the marketplace for advisory services.
Our goal is to build a global networked management consulting organization, providing exceptional client service to the banking industry and beyond.  You will find we offer a diverse work environment, challenging development opportunities, and the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in business.  Our compensation package is highly competitive in the profession.  If you are looking for rewarding opportunities in management consulting, we encourage you to reach out to Monticello Consulting Group.
All resumes can be submitted on Linkedin or emailed directly to us at [log in to unmask]
Please visit us on the web at www.monticellocg.com.