FMPRO-L Archives

November 2011, Week 1

FMPRO-L@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Steve Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2011 23:05:15 +0000
On 7 Nov 2011, at 20:11, John French wrote:

> I've tried building all the steps into a master script:
>
>     Go to Layout ["Search" (database name)]
>     Enter Find Mode []
>     Sort Records []

John

Let me assume that you mean the second step of the script to be this:

Enter Find Mode [Pause]

What does this script do?

It will display the Search layout in Find mode and pause there.
Then, if you enter a search criterion and hit Enter, it will remain in Find mode, and then perform the Sort Records step (which is meaningless in Find mode). The script will then finish, leaving you in Find mode.

What you need is a Perform Find step immediately after the pause. This will make the find happen (and return you to browse mode) before running the sort.

Steve