UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2011, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Upper Valley Birders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 21:39:57 -0400
From:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
My goal was to see the snow geese and pipits, and that's just what I got.  After visiting the goose viewing area at Dead Creek (and having
the pleasure of meeting Ian and others), I went exploring: I stopped at the Tri-town water facility for a view of the lake, but it was so windy,
choppy, and cold, that I didn't stay long enough for a thorough look - I did see one loon at first glance.  I traveled on to Farr Cross Rd (off of 22A)
and I saw many many more pipits, a few turkey vultures, and a close look at a beautiful (and large) red-tailed hawk.  All in all, a lovely day.
Sara - Hartland, VT