LLTI Archives

October 2011, Week 3

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2011 22:50:13 -0400
from  Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>

I'm looking for recommendations on ways to do video chat (or one to one video conferencing) that would work for American Sign Language. It's important to have a fairly high and fairly consistent frame rate.  Dropped frames and freezes are very problematic.  Skype and Google+ lose out on these criteria.

We are only looking for one to one conferencing, so we don't need split screens for multiple participants.  Paid services might be accetable, if the cost was moderate.  A downloaded client program could work, but a website-based approach would be better.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Derek

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center (retired)