CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2011, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:51:55 -0400
Get outside for Homecoming!
Get a taste of the fall weather and beautiful New England outdoors in honor of
good ol' Dartmouth.

Blitz the trip leader with your DID to be officially signed up.

TUESDAY TUESDAY TUESDAY

Ride to the Lodge!
When: Tuesday, Oct. 18. Leave at 4:00, back by 11:00
Cost: Ride is free, bring $8 for dinner + $3 for the concert
Blitz: Tuesday is Pub night at Moosilauke. Not only do you get a delicious Lodge
dinner, but there's also touch football on the leach field before dinner and a
concert by The Littlest Birds afterwards.
Blitz: Jesse Rieb before noon on Tuesday so I can make a reservation.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

Dinertoure!
Leave at 6:50 AM
RSVP to [log in to unmask]
DAN.NELSON.TOURE
Eat with the OPO All-Stars this week. We're heading to Director of
Outdoor Programming Dan Nelson's house near Lake Mascoma! Bring your
own bowl and utensils, and the courage to Polar Bear leap in the lake.
Guest stars include Kathy Decato, others, and more others. The ride is
free, and this time, so is the meal (Thank you Dan!).

CnT FEED!
  Where: The Rock
When: 6:30ish
What:  Good company and a delicious homemade meal for only $4!! (dash or cash)
Blitz Alison ([log in to unmask]) if you're interested in helping cook or cleeeaaaannnn!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY
Trailwork Trip!
When: 8 - 430, with the possibility of an early ride before 2s
Where Smarts!
Cost: NONE BECAUSE IT'S TRAILWORK AND SUPER AWESOME AND SWEET
This week, trailwork thursday is going to Smarts mountain. Last weekend 34
brave souls struggled to hike the 50 miles of our AT, and they came back
with stories! Stories of cold, stories of rain, stories of MUDDY TRAIL?!
On the north side of smarts there's a stretch of trail with waist deep mud.
We will fix this! We will cut trees! We will build bridges! We will place
rocks! WE WILL ROCK THE TRAIL!
Also, if you come to at least two trailwork trips this semester you get a
free trailwork t-shirt! They're awesome and sweet!
Blitz David Rice if you're interested.

SATRUDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

SMARTS MOUNTAIN
Decided that the long weekend is the perfect time (and probably one of the last
opportunities) to enjoy the fall foliage, and get out of Hanover for a tiny bit?
Some clean, fresh mountain air is the perfect hangover cure!  Come hike Smarts
Mountain - a relatively leisurely day-hike of 7 or so miles that offers gorgeous
views form the open ledges and the fire tower at the top! Leave at 11AM, and get
back by 4:30 or 5 pm. It's the smart thing to do... (see what I did there?)
$5 for DOC members, $ 7 for non-members,
Blitz Vipul Kakkad / Will Bishop to ask questions/sign up!

What: Contradance in Norwich!
Time: 8:00 - 11:00 PM, Saturday, October 22
Cost: $8 in cash to pay the band
tradition!  A different kind of dance party for the night after homecoming.  Live
music, all dances called, beginners welcome!
Blitz: Will Bishop to sign up

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Lafayette & Lincoln Hike
When/Where: Meet behind Robo at 8:00 am... Back before 9 pm
Trip Description: 9 Miles Round Trip. Come hike two of New Hampshire(c)$F6s 4000
footers. Weather looks good and sunny, so come for some great views and
company!
Cost: $6 DOC members, ~$8 Non-Members. Wedeg.$AFll finish up a strenuous hike
with
a Diner Dinner so bring some extra cash as well.
Blitz: Peter Governali with questions or with your DASH # (the same as your
Dartmouth ID) to sign up.