CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2011, Week 2

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:43:29 -0400
  It's beautiful out....Get outside before it gets cold!
Blitz the leader with your DID to sign up.

For trips that are part of the DOC Fall Weekend, there will be sign-ups on Robo
lawn from 2-5 on Wednesday afternoon. These trips all end at the lodge for dinner
and a band! And you can stay overnight at the lodge if you want. There will also
be sign-ups for kayaking, biking, climbing trips. Get out!

Cabin and Trail Trips: (the usual, blitz the leader to sign up)

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
Isabell's in Thetford, VT
Rsvp: [log in to unmask]
Leave at 6:50 AM, back by 9s.

"Isabell's is a ball" she said, said she.
"Their chef is quite tall, and he's always happy"
"Now is he, Izzy, is he!?" he cried.
"Ah si, Ah si, I would be his bride".
"I see" said he, a wee icily.
And walked away, right into the sea.

Come to Isabell's. They have great pancakes. The ride is free, bring small
bills.

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

Trailwork Trip to Velvet Rocks
Time negotiable, will probably take 2 or 3 hours
Come help us do the "shitty" work of the DOC
	- Clean a cistern
	- Clear some blowdowns
	- Drag some mulch
	- Other "shitty" things
Free, because it's trailwork. Blitz dabear

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: Gile Hike in Onesies!
When: Meeting behind robo at 5:45am, can be back before drill
Cost: Free, small bills for the ride if you aren't a DOC member
watching the beautiful sunrise over fall foliage, on top of a fire tower. The
hike up Gile is an easy ~0.5miles up, plus a fire tower.
Blitz: Alan Keegan to sign up with your DID.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
What: Sunday Night Lodge
When: Leaving Friday at 4:45pm, back by 11pm-ish
Cost: Ride is free, bring $8 for Lodge Dinner
Description/Difficulty: A new Late Night series to the Dartmouth campus!
We'll drive up, enjoy a wonderful Lodge dinner, and hang out for a while
next to a fire, or outside in the moonlight, and so on.
Blitz: Juan Sanchez to sign up

*****DOC Fall Weekend Trips******

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

THE FIFTY... (furlongs)

Too legit for the regular 50? Missed sign-ups for the regular 50?  Or already
hiked the regular 50? Come hike the FIFTY... (furlongs) instead! The sheer epicness
of this hike makes the regular 50 pale in comparion! On Saturday, we will leave
at 11AM and hike a full FIFTY... furlongs (in fact, plus few more), summiting
the mighty Mt. Moosilauke, and on the far side the lodge awaits us, with the delicious
dinner that shall make the arduous hike completely worth it! Thereafter, we shall
return to campus triumphant, as the clock strikes 10 at night, to tell the tale
of the glorious FIFTY... (furlongs)!
(NOTE: a furlong is an eighth of a mile, we're hiking a total of 7.2 miles, which
shouldn't really be that hard. Also, Saturday's supposed to have great weather!)

$5 for DOC members, $7 for non-members, Lodge dinner is free, since it's fall
weekend!
Blitz Vipul Kakkad to ask questions. Sign up on Robo lawn on Wed. from 2-5pm.