LLTI Archives

October 2011, Week 1

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:41:55 -0400
from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>

My University now has 25 students in our new "ESL Bridge" program.  We are trying to find ways to do assessments that will tell us if the students are prepared to "graduate" from the Bridge program into our regular curriculum (although some ESL support will continue).  We have thought of using some of the standardized tests, like the TOEFL, for this assessment.  Do any of your institutions have experience doing this kind of assessment and would be willing to share what you've learned?  (Thanks already to Sharon Scinicariello for sharing what the Univ. of Richmond does).

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Mikle D. Ledgerwood, Ph.D.
Professor of French and Linguistics
Chair of World Languages and Cultures
Samford University

Past President of the International Association for Language Learning Technology