LLTI Archives

October 2011, Week 1

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2011 11:03:46 -0400
from  National Foreign Language Resource Center <[log in to unmask]>

Our apologies for any cross-postings . . .

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We are happy to announce that Volume 15 Number 3 of Language Learning &
Technology is now available at http://llt.msu.edu.

This is a special issue on Learner Autonomy and New Learning Environments by
guest editors Hayo Reinders and Cynthia White.

The contents are listed below.

Please visit the LLT Web site and be sure to enter your free subscription if
you have not already done so. Also, we welcome your contributions for future
issues. See our guidelines for submission at http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html

Sincerely,

Dorothy Chun and Mark Warschauer, Editors
Language Learning & Technology

----- FEATURE ARTICLES -----

Learner Autonomy in a Task-Based 3D World and Production
by Karina Collentine

Fostering Learner Autonomy in English for Science: A Collaborative Digital
Video Project in a Technological Learning Environment
by Christoph A. Hafner and Lindsay Miller

Blogging: Promoting Learner Autonomy and Intercultural Competence through
Study Abroad
by Lina Lee

Self-Study with Language Learning Software in the Workplace: What Happens?
by Katharine B. Nielson

----- COLUMNS -----

Special Issue Commentary
Learner Autonomy and New Learning Environments
by Hayo Reinders and Cynthia White

Emerging Technologies
Autonomous Language Learning
by Robert Godwin-Jones

Action Research
Edited by Fernando Naiditch

Student Technology Use in a Self-Access Center
by Joachim Castellano, Jo Mynard, and Troy Rubesch

Announcements

News From Sponsoring Organizations

----- REVIEWS -----

Edited by Paige Ware

Task-Based Language Learning and Teaching with Technology
Michael Thomas and Hayo Reinders (Eds.)
Reviewed by Jim Ranalli

Learning Languages through Technology
Elizabeth Hanson-Smith and Sarah Rilling (Eds.)
Reviewed by Carmen Tomas

En Una Palabra: Sevilla, Espana, Cordoba, Argentina, and Puebla, Mexico
Emmanuel Paris-Bouvret, Ana Perez-Girones, and Octavio Flores-Cuadra
Reviewed by Zahir Mumin

Teaching and Researching Language Learning Strategies
Rebecca Oxford
Reviewed by Mehreen Ahmed