LLTI Archives

September 2011, Week 3

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:00:05 -0400

Dear Andrew,

Although we at Saint Louis University do have a walk-in open-access lab,
there are still times throughout the day that all of our computers are
booked. One option floated to us by our IT department was to introduce a
downloadable WIFI print client for students that have their own laptops. We
are already using the Pharos print server to control printing, so the
transition won't be difficult for us to implement. The idea is that students
can print from anywhere on campus and then stop by the LLC to pick up their
documents. While this won't help students without a computer, we're hoping
it might relieve some of the congestion we see at peak hours.

Best of luck,

Dan Nickolai
Director of the Language Learning Center
Department of Modern and Classical Languages
Saint Louis University
(314) 977-3644