CABIN-TRAIL Archives

September 2011, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:46:18 -0400
Hey friends,

I forgot to mention, absentee ballots as always will be taken via blitz, if you
can't make the feed please send in your vote to the account, for up to 2
candidates. Also, let me know if you're interested in one of the following
positions but can't be at the Rock tonight. All of these positions (except
heeler) are open to everyone, not only leaders.

Heeler chair
Trails chair
Cabins chair (we'll also have a paid cabins assistant to help out, blitz for
more info)
Hiking chair
Feeds and Fun
Publicity and Outreach
Member-at-large

Thanks,
-B

******************

Charlie Governali '12

Hi all!
I'd be excited to be a CnT co-chair as a senior because I feel that
I've gotten so much from the club (a family on campus, a warm and open
learning environment, and wonderful opportunities to be outside with
great people) -- and I want to give back!
I think I could be a successful chair because of 1) my three years of
experience as a chubber and CnT leader, 2) the knowledge and skills I
gained as CnT co-chair sophomore summer, and 3) my dedication to
making CnT as fun, welcoming, and supportive of a place for '15s as it
was for me during my freshman year.

******************

Will Bishop '12

Hi C&T!  My name is Will Bishop '12 and I'd love to be one of your co-chairs
for the fall.  I've been involved with C&T since my sophomore year and done
just about everything C&T has to offer - short sunrise hikes near Hanover, long
treks in the Whites, trailwork on Mount Moosilauke, the amazing Thanksgiving
trip to Billings, and many a heeler overnight and DinerToure.  I've loved every
minute of it.  Now I'm excited to keep it all going in the new school year!  As
a chair, I hope to keep C&T running smoothly on a day-to-day basis and make
sure we have a wide variety of trips every weekend, to take advantage of this
beautiful New England fall.  Additional priorities include improving the
feedback from leaders to heelers, the use of maps on C&T outings, and the
repertoire of songs sung at meetings.  Finally, I want to make sure every
chubber knows how to play Contact and Red Tens by the end of the term.  Look
forward to seeing you all!

Suzanne Kelson '12

CnT has been an important community on campus for me since my freshman year. I
am commited to expanding the open and friendly nature of CnT as a great
resource for growing and meeting lifelong friends. I am excited to make the
family and outdoors that CnT offers available to more of campus, including
freshman. I plan to continue the fun and welcoming spirit of CnT with a variety
of trips and social events.