UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2011, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:12:35 -0400
George Clark and Ed Hack joined me yesterday for what turned out to be a
fantastic morning. The harrier was the first I have seen at the house in
ages, seeing both kinglets was a surprise, but probably the best part was a
Philadelphia Vireo just a few yards away.
Most of the numbers are low, in part because we were birding for a long
enough time it was hard to tell which birds we had already seen.

Tucker Hill Beaver Pond, Windsor, US-VT
Sep 11, 2011 7:30 AM - 10:50 AM
Protocol: Area
15.0 ac
Comments:     Birding the clearing, followed by some time in the yard
41 species

Northern Harrier (Circus cyaneus)  1
Broad-winged Hawk (Buteo platypterus)  1
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura)  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris)  1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus varius)  1
Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens)  1
Hairy Woodpecker (Picoides villosus)  1
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) (Colaptes auratus [auratus Group])  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee (Contopus virens)  1
Eastern Phoebe (Sayornis phoebe)  1

Blue-headed Vireo (Vireo solitarius)  4
Philadelphia Vireo (Vireo philadelphicus)  2
Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus)  6

Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  4
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  2
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  15
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor)  3
Red-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta canadensis)  1
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis)  2
Golden-crowned Kinglet (Regulus satrapa)  1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula)  1      FOF
Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis)  3

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia)  1
Tennessee Warbler (Oreothlypis peregrina)  2
Nashville Warbler (Oreothlypis ruficapilla)  1
Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas)  3     One male did a flight song
several times
American Redstart (Setophaga ruticilla)  1
Northern Parula (Setophaga americana)  1
Magnolia Warbler (Setophaga magnolia)  6
Blackburnian Warbler (Setophaga fusca)  4
Chestnut-sided Warbler (Setophaga pensylvanica)  3
Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata)  1        FOF
Black-throated Blue Warbler (Setophaga caerulescens)  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata)  4
Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens)  15
Canada Warbler (Cardellina canadensis)  1
Wilson's Warbler (Cardellina pusilla)  1

Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)  4
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  1      FOF
Scarlet Tanager (Piranga olivacea)  2
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  2

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2 (http://ebird.org)